TvP

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by Carnuss, Nov 10, 2010.

TvP

1. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Hey, lately I've been using an MM ball with Siege Tanks (~5), Banshees (~5), and a Raven. Secure my natural then siege their front force, wipe them out, then it's pretty much GG from there. Don't even need to get Ghosts out for their EMP.

Was wondering what other solid strategies are you Terrans using on teh Protoss?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  2. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    I dont play terran so i dont know much about that but i usually do MMM against protoss

3. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Sucks for them if they have lots of Stalkers because the Point Defense Drone dropped by the Raven takes most of the flak from the Stalkers (Keeps your Banshees in the Air and I'll target any enemy air with the Marines). Yea, throwing a Medivac in there too is good, keeps the MM Ball nice and healthy, which is always helpful. Do you not find Zealots chew through Bioballs? (I suppose you'd know more than me though, I'm a wee bronzey and you're a big goldy =)

4. Eliam

Eliam New Member

Against protoss I also go MMM unless I start to see colossi on the map. If I see them, I get some vikings and thors. and mostly marauders sinde marines are very weak agains upgraded colossi. Harass either with drops or banshees (drops seems to be faster, but a properly used banshee can be devastating).

Get ghosts since their emp basically reduces the protoss hit points by 2.

If you see voids on the air, marines backed by vikings can hold this perfectly.

5. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    if your marauders have stim and concussive shells and are covered by medivacs they can kite the zealots all day long xD and they allready do so well against stalkers so it should be no problem with MMM ^^
    but i really suck as Terran i've only played it like 5-10 times... :p
    and thats not much compared to how many times i've played Zerg

6. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Have to love the Marauders Armor.

7. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    I generally don't like stalkers vs mmm. They die too easily and don't do much damage. An army composition heavy in chargelots/sentries can block the terran from retreating and massacre the mm ball(guardian shields are awsome against mm too, plus marauders only do normal 10 dmg vs zealots and sentries which is quite nice)

Edit: Sorry it was the reverse thread, forgot you're looking at it from the terran perspective, lolz.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  8. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Nah man, good to get all Perspectives, to get an Overall view, can only help Strategy making. Yea, I agree with you Stirlitz. I think Zealots/Chargelots are really Underused Mid/Late Game. Sometimes when I watch the Replays I think to myself what Unit Composition should the Protoss player have used to Counter. A lot of the time they just don't have the numbers (even though I'm only working off of One Base before the All Out Assault). One thing I notice is that they have tons of unused minerals which could have been used to bulk up their Zealot numbers, which would have tore into the bulk of my Bio Forces (even though I'll have 4/5 Tanks Sieged up just at the front with my MM/Banshees/Raven so if they move forward to attack or counter they'll get blasted)... Colossus get stimmed down by the Marauders in seconds. Void Rays are really good too, especially if they go Unscouted and Attack the Main or/and Marines.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  9. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    Against terran I like phoenixes a lot and I see very few protoss players use them. Phoenixes can be awsome for harassment, shutting down drops and flanking the terran army right at the time of the engagement, lifting up siege tanks and buying the protoss army some time. I don't really think zealots/sentries are as much underused as phoenixes.

10. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Yea I rarely see Phoenixes although I basically never do Drops, need to use a few, only after watching Day9s interview with QXC and he turned what was an Uphill Battle into a win using well Timed/Placed Drops.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  11. Haivo128

Haivo128 New Member

Not being rude or trying to sound like a smart *** or anything but, with the knowledge and information you've acquired, how are you still stuck in bronze?

@Carnuss

12. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
  13. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Seem to be facing Silver Players a lot Now, just beat a Silver Player with over 500 Wins (w/ MM Rush). Although Lost Twice to 2 Silver Zerg Players who Mass Roached, the Hellion/Thor Strategy I use on Zerg usually always works. Need to get Marauders if I see them Roaching. Beat 2 Protoss Players too.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  14. Haivo128

Haivo128 New Member

I see, yeah are they doing the 7 roach rush? As of lately I've been queing up as terran in custom games 1v1, and I like using boxers strategy of 2 early barracks with a bunch of scv all in. Beaten a lot of plat - diamond zerg players but only works if they 14 hatch really.

Yeah I know your a very good player, that's why it's been bothering me that your still bronze, stupid division ranking system.

15. haydo

haydo New Member

16. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

lol, I just lost to an all out SCV Rush, Sucked soo much. lol, I'm not that Good bro, I'm Bronze ffs :rolleyes: How do you use SCVs Effectively? I was thinking of getting several Marauders out (to keep the Roaches at bay) before going for the Hellion/Thor Build, unless I see them Mass Roach, in which case I'll probably Mass Marauder with a few Hellion/Thor to Preempt a Zerling/Muta Switch (Maybe get a Starport with a Reactor).

17. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

18. Haivo128

Haivo128 New Member

Is the guide mistaken for SC1 or something? Because it mentions firebats and wraiths..

19. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Another Effective Strategy is 2 Rax Marauder Rush/Push, works on Gold Players too (if they are teching up and not pumping units!).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  20. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

The 2/1/1 Build for Marines, Marauders, ~5 Siege Tanks, ~5 Banshees, 1+ Raven is Fantastic. Unless you're as good as Stirlitz and do things like Muthaf*cken Muthaship Rushes, LOL =D