TvT

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by Carnuss, Nov 10, 2010.

TvT

1. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Hey, when I'm playing Terran I go for my natural ASAP, build up my forces, contain my opponent, have a marine at every expansion, even build a Planetary Fortress at every expansion if I have enough minerals, and wait it out (I found if I try to push into their main and they're well turtled up and have upgrades it can backfire and then they counter). After everything's in place and they realise their's not much they can do they'll usually go for a final push and fail then GG.

Was wondering what strategies do you Terrans use on fellow Terran?

2. Eliam

Eliam New Member

It really depends on what I scout at first, but, mostly, drops behind his lines, not sure why but around the 9 min mark I am able to drop 8 marines on their mineral line and kill several SCVs since most of them do not have a defense prepared for it, if this succeds I normally expand, since I did economic damage to them. And they will have to recover.

If it fails, I try to save most of my marines (no need to loose them) and I migth switch to other tech, depending on what's on the board, I always try to keep an eye on all possible expansion locations to keep him in one or 2 bases.

3. TMFOTU

TMFOTU New Member

I typically try and go quick marines against Terran...usually when its 1v1 Terran they try and go quick tech (tanks) so they wont have as many rines as you would...but you basically have to go 3 barracks 3 supply and go with like 12 rines...do damage control and try to expand while doing this...eventually switch to thors and rines and medivacs...dont forget upgrades...

4. haydo

haydo New Member

I agree with eliam. I pretty much do the same thing, but if my early rush is successful I will usual send in another as it might finish them off. Otherwise I will expand straight away.

5. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Yea, last few games I've been getting 2 Barracks then Fast Expand (with a couple of Bunkers), before I even get Refineries, Orbital Command, or an Engineering Bay. Yea I sometimes get caught off guard if they 3 Rax Rush me, if you can fend off any Rushes or Drops you usually have the Economic Advantage. Then I Build my Factoy for Siege Tanks, Starport for Medivacs, and 2 more Rax (= 1 w/ Tech Lab + 3 w/ Reactors) for Pumping out Marines and Marauders. They usually panic knowing you have the Economic Advantage and will hit you from all angles with Rushes and Drops (Also set up Missile Turrets) but it gets easier since at this point you're pumping away with units. Then go for another Expansion (Gold if there), if they take it down, launch an all out attack, usually overwhelms them because they don't have enough units and take their Expansion/Main down. Watch out for Sneaky Expansions and Ghosts.

6. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

The '1/1/1' Build is also good for Cloaked Banshee Rush aimed at the back of their Mineral Line, but if they scout it they'll probably throw up Missile Turrets before you get there.

7. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Just beat a #11 Goldy (in 10-15 mins) w/ 3 Rax Rush (1 Tech Lab + 2 Reactors) at the Back of his Base. :laugh:

8. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Lost to a Random Terran who SCV Rushed me, Lameness of the Highest Caliber. >=\
    Then Beat another Terran with an MM Rush. :D

9. KHaYMaN

KHaYMaN New Member

Oregon
    Next time micro your SCVs better, as you have more than him there is no reason to lose :p

10. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

How, I've been just Focusing All my SCVs on One at a time. Do I have them focus on each one individually? Leave on Mining? What's the Micro Strategy?

11. Haivo128

Haivo128 New Member

How do you lose to SCV rush? :p
    You'll have more then him so you can put them on auto repair too.

12. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

I seem to have the most Bother with Terran. Want to Improve my Marine, Siege Tank, Viking play to Focus on Turtling, Fast Expanding, and Air Control. (Note: Have a Siege Tank Guarding Mineral Line and have Vikings Rallied and Patrolling near Mineral Lines to Attack Medivac Drops. Build Barracks with Reactors for Pumping out Marines to use Excess Minerals. Mass Tanks can be Countered with Mass Banshees.)

13. Pwent

Pwent New Member

I find a-move works well :p

14. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Cloaked Banshees (Rush Mineral Line), Siege Tanks, Marines (Barracks w/ Reactor) and Bunker(s) at Front. Micro Cloaked Banshees to Harass, Expand with Siege Tanks and Marines. Etc.

15. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Current TvT Strategy that has a high success rate is to 1 Rax Fast Expand w/ Bunker. Then get another Rax, Gas, E'Bay, Factory, Turrets - so that you can get more Marines and Secure your Bases with Siege Tanks. You should be able to Defend most Attacks. Build up your Forces, have 4 Rax (1 w/ Tech Lab, 3 w/ Reactors), 2 Engineering Bays , 2 Factories (w/ Tech Labs), 2 Armories, and 1 Starport (w/ Reactor) for Medivacs - Be constantly upgrading.
    (Send an SCV or Marine to each Mineral Line on the map for Scouting information - Your Opponent will most probably have their Natural and may be going for a 2nd Expansion, if they are going for Gold your Forces should be strong enough from the Economic Advantage to take out their Gold, if it's not Gold and you're Securing Gold let them have it while you go for Gold - Basically you want to maintain the Economic Edge.)
    Then take the Xelnaga Watch Towers and Secure Gold - Push out with Marines and Thors, use Siege Tanks to Defend your Bases - Build another 2 Starports but with Tech Labs for BattleCruisers. Get another expansion but keep your Forces at Gold. Any Resistance should be Crushed, allowing you to Counter their 2nd Expansion. You should have tons of Minerals and Gas to reinforce any lost units (and build several Nukes).
    Build more Expansions then go Win and the Game.
    (What makes this Strategy soo effective is having that initial Economic Advantage and Maintaining it.)