Banshee Harass

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by Carnuss, Nov 25, 2010.

Banshee Harass

1. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Banshees are excellent Air-to-Ground Units that also have the Ability to Cloak, making them even more useful. A Cloaked Banshee Rush (with the 1/1/1 Build aka "Destiny Cloud Fist") on the Opponents Mineral Line(s) can Devastate their Economy. They are also good for Scouting and Attacking Expansions. Banshees work well in a Variety of Unit Compositions, meaning you can use also use them to Defend and Push.

When going for a Cloaked Banshee Rush vs Terran, setup Bunker(s) to Defend, and Micro from Scans. (Siege Tanks can Balance your Defense for an Expansion after the Rush. Reactor(s) are also good for getting rid of those Extra Minerals).

When going for a Cloaked Banshee Rush vs Zerg, Wall-off with Supply Depots, Production Building(s), and Bunker(s), after Focus Firing their Drones at their Main and Natural get out of there before the Overseers and expect Mutas/Hydras (Mutas can be Countered with Vikings / Upgraded Marines / Thors, and Hydras can be Countered with Upgraded Marines / Hellions with Pre-Igniter / Siege Tanks / Thors) (Ghosts can Snipe Infestors).

You can go for a Cloaked Banshee Rush vs Protoss but normal Banshees (~5) Combined with Siege Tanks (~5), Raven(s), Marines, Mauraders (w/ Tech Lab Upgrades and Defense Upgrade at Engineering Bay) (Ghosts can EMP Shields).

Always Remember to Protect your own Mineral Lines, etc with Several Missile Turrets.

(If you're using a Cloaked Ghost to Nuke, Aiming the Red Dot on a Crystal, in the Middle of a Big Middle Crystal, Under the Sharpened Part, makes it Difficult to See).

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  2. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    oh great but eerh i dont agree about vikings countering mutas

3. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

This Build is also Vulnerable to Early Pushes.

4. SoAmazin

SoAmazin New Member

I really hate cloaked Banshee harasses.

5. imjorman

imjorman New Member

Ohio
    I enjoyed your write up. I'm a big fan of the banshee harass/push in the early game. Actually, I didn't have a single win until I started trying it, and now I can't seem to get away from it. I constantly debate whether or not I can make a full win out of them in the early game if I have the ground support of tanks/marines/marauders coming in after they begin their havoc.

But again, great write up.

6. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

Having Several Missile Turrets / Photon Cannons / Spore Crawlers Defending (+Detection) the Mineral Line and Units can Counter.