Protoss Routes

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by Carnuss, Jul 16, 2011.

Protoss Routes

1. Carnuss

Carnuss New Member

I'm used to playing as Terran so I have decided to play as Random.

(I know you a can't have a said strategy that is going to be effective all the time because you need to scout and counter accordingly. I'm mainly making this post as a self note but other peoples effective protoss tech routes are welcome too.)

Route #1
    Chargelots
    Dark Templar

Route #2
    Gateway Units
    Rush Colossi w/ Thermo Lance (~4)
    Immortals (~4)
    Dark Templar

Route #3
    Units
    Carriers
    Mothership (Cloak and Vortex ftw)

Route #4
    Lots of Stalkers
    Colossi (~4 or 5)
    Few Centuries
    (and maybe a few immortals)

EXPAND!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  2. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    Route #3 is a bit farfetched... no one is going to let you tech up to carriers AND a mothership. the fact of producing those 2 units is really gas heavy, meaing that only lets you make zealots and stalkers, which is pretty weak against any timing push.

Route #1 is good, I use that one myself, except you are weak against air units and cloaked units.

Route #2 you NEED two bases at least, yet still a strong build.

my suggestion:
    3 gate stargate, go zealots and void rays, build a pylon at the lower ground of your opponents base, and warp up top with vision of your void rays.

3 gate stargate go zealots and stalkers and phoenix, lift all your opponents important units (sentries, marauders, roaches, queens, immortals, etc...)

3 gate expand, once expansion is quickly 3/4 saturated, drop 3 more gateways, and push with zealot, stalker and a lot of sentries.

these are the strongest ones I know that are pretty easy to execute, there are some better ones, but are harder to perform, such as 3 gate twilight into blink stalkers, you need really good blink micro to make it effective.